Make serving fruit a breeze! Turn everyday fruit into a cute dog shape or other little animal. It only takes a minute but it will engage your child and maybe even get her to try a new fruit. Healthy foods for Kids.
- 2 halves of a Pear
- Dried Apricots or other dried fruit pieces (handful)
- Raisins (handful)
- Layout the 2 pear halves on your plate-the rounded side facing up.
- Set 1 piece of dried apricot between the two pear halves. Then slice 2 dried apricots into thin strips.
- Place the sliced apricot onto your plate to make the legs and tail of the dog.
- Cut one sliced apricot in half to use as the ear of the dog.
- Use a raisin for the eye of the dog. You can use additional raisings around the plate, make the dog a collar or spell the name of a dog using raisins.
- Serve and Enjoy!