These darling little Bunny Egg Holders are made from ordinary recycled paper tubes. Made from one tube each, they can also be made into Easter chicks. They fit dyed Easter eggs perfectly. Use them as placeholders at your Easter table, writing names on the eggs.
- T paper tube or paper towel tube
- Paint/ brush
- Sticky-back foam or construction paper
- Using scissors, make a slit down the length of the tube, STOPPING about an inch from the bottom.
- Now, from both sides, cut "around" the tube (at the inch mark) ... leaving the center back in tact. See photo.
- Gently spread back and sketch bunny, as shown. Cut out bunny shape, making sure bottom band is connected and in tact. This will hold the egg.
- Paint entire egg holder and let dry.
- Cut Bunny nose and bowtie from sticky-back foam or construction paper. Attach. For paper, apply a small dab of glue.
- Make bunny eyes with pen or marker.
- Test an egg in holder to see if you need to remove a small sliver of the front "band" that will hold the egg. If so, cut away any excess prior to adding ribbon. Cut a length of ribbon that will go around the top of the "egg holder" as shown. Apply a few drops of glue and press into place. Let dry.
Sharon Pierce McCullough