Let the kids help make this cute Easter centerpiece. It's the Carrot Mobile, made from recycled household containers. A fun and original DIY craft project.
- Morton salt container, or similar container
- Small box, such as bar soap size
- File folder or thin cardboard
- masking tape
- 4 empty ribbon spools (wheels)
- 4 plastic caps, same size (wheels)
- Toilet paper tube
- Cork, or paper towel
- Craft foam (hat, nose, wheel inserts)
- Ribbon, or string
- Paint/ brush
- Scissors/ paring knife
- Set salt container on side and, using a short paring knife (adult only), cut out a small rectangle to house Rabbit driver.
- For rabbit, bend t. paper tube in half, lengthwise, and then fold over. Insert cork or a rolled up piece of paper towel between the top edge of the folded tube and tape around with masking tape, fastening securely. To make a more rounded head, tape a marble or other round object or make a compact ball from paper towel and tape into place with masking tape. Check height of rabbit body in opeing of carrot mobile, as you may want to trim a slight amount from the bottom of the taped tube.
- Make a cone shape, from old file folder, to fit the front end of your salt container. Tape cone to shape and then, cutting small v-shaped notched from the wide end of the cone, tape to the salt container.
- To make the wagon, tape ends securely and then cut away the top surface to form the wagon.
- Paint the carrot mobile orange, the wagon green and the bunny body white. Let dry thoroughly.
- Paint ribbon spools yellow or any contrasting color. Let dry.
- Attach wheels to Carrot Mobile with glue. Let dry. Cut foam inserts for wagon wheels and then glue to wagon.
- Cut a 10 inch length of ribbon, or string, to connect vehicle and wagon. Using knife or scissors, make a small slit into front end of wagon and back end of Carrot Mobile. Insert ribbon into both and tie off ends from the inside.
- Cut white ears for rabbit from foam or contruction paper and glue into place. Cut out a nose and whiskers and attach. Draw eyes with a marker. Tie a ribbon around the rabbits's neck.
- Put the bunny in his carrot mobile and add Easter grass and goodie to the wagon.