Kids love to use their imaginations during play. What better way to foster creativity and play than making their own playtoys. This simple craft to make a paper elephant will let kids decorate their animals any way they want. Make pink, blue or purple elephants ... it's all up to the kids and their own creativity.
Zebra paper pattern
Rabbit paper pattern
- Colored Cardstock
- Print paper Elephant pattern. Cut out.
- Fold cardstock in half. Set pattern in place, making sure the fold is placed as designated. Trace.
- Also trace the tail and 2 ears. Cut all pieces out, making sure to leave the fold at the "top" of the elephant. This will enable him to stand.
- Staple tail in place, then staple each ear in place.
- You can also staple the head in the front, if desired.
- Add eyes and other details with marker. Let the kids add any other designs they like.
- Elephants should stand nicely for play.
Sharon Pierce McCullough