Cute and easy Turkey favor cup to put nuts, mints or other candies at places for Thanksgiving dinner. Great as a party treat for kids party. These little turkeys are made from a toilet paper tube and paint ... wallah! what a cute an inexpensive family craft.
- Paper tube (paper towel or t paper tube)
- Non-toxic paints
- Masking Tape
- Black marker
- Cardboard or paper tube to cut out head/ gobbler
- Thin cardboard (cardstock or discarded file folder)
- Consult cutting diagram. Start with a t paper tube or a 4 1/2" section of paper towel tube. Cut a lengthwise slit down the tube, right to center. Then start cutting "around" the center, on each side of slit, leaving a little more than 1inch intact, where the body joins the feathers in back.
- Trim off a tiny bit to make a nice curve to feathers, then cut slits to make individual feathers.
- From cardboard, or a piece of tube folded in half, draw head of turkey and gobbler. Cut out. If you used a folded tube, tape two sides together to make head flat. Cut a small slit, as indicated, in the bottom of the neck, where head will attach to body.
- To make insert for bottom, cut a 3" circle and then make 1" slits towards center, about a ahlf inch apart. Bend edges upward and then slide inside tube body. Attach with masking tape.
- Paint entire body/feathers one solid color... we chose a rusty brown. Let dry and then paint feathers and head /gobbler. Let dry.
- Tape or glue gobbler on to head and then slide head into place on body.
- Make eyes with marker.