Kids love to play with food and this is the perfect activity to encourage it! Let the children make some fun Christmas or holiday sandwiches for lunch, a party or just for fun. A great time to introduce some interesting foods that can be used for decoration.
- Sliced bread of your choice.
- Sandwich filling, such as cheese, lunch meat, peanut butter
- Foods to decorate with, depending on the filling of the sandwich.
- For Peanut Butter - use banana slices, raisins, carrots, celery
- For cheese, meats - use red peppers, celery, carrots, olives, cheese
- Use two slices of bread for each sandwich. Cut the basic shape of a face for the Reindeer. Cut the shape of Santa's head, including the beard. Cut two round holes for the Reindeer eyes or you can use raisins or olives later.
- Fill sandwich with desired filling. Add top slice.
- For Santa's hat, cut another shape to form hat and set above Santa's head.
- Use desired foods to make antlers, ears, etc as shown, or kids can just be creative. Remember that this is supposed to be fun so if they want to make a christmas tree or present, let them have fun doing so.