Here's a fun game the family can make for St. Patrick's Day or any day of the year. We made ours green but you could use any color. It's a fun original game created by our ZiggityZoom creative director. Easy to make and easy to play.... for kids and adults.
MAKING the GAME :
What You Need:
- 12 smooth stones/rocks (or make 12 smooth rocks out of clay that you bake) You can also use plastic disks or make Cardboard disks.
- Green paint (optional)
- Marker or stick on Letters
What to Do:
- Gather the 12 items you have chosen for your Wishing Rocks.
- Paint green, if so desired.
- Using marker (or stick on letters), put 2 letters each for I - R - S - H (make an additional "i" letter).
- Leave 1 Rock blank and draw a Shamrock on the other 2 remaining rocks.
- Put Rocks into container or Sock to start the game.
The object of the game is to get all the letters that spell Irish. I-R-I-S-H The first person who can spell Irish, by "wishing" and choosing, wins the game. Fun for kids of all ages.
- Each player is given a piece of paper and pencil. For ease of play with young children, draw the letters I-R-I-S-H on their paper, spaced apart just a bit. When a player gets a letter, they can then just circle that letter.
- Put Wishing Rocks into a container that is deep enough so players can\'t see the rocks. Or use a large sock.
- Starting with the youngest player first, player will first say his wish ...for example, "I wish for an H"
- Player then pulls out a Wishing Rock. If they got their wish then they can circle that letter. The rock is then put back into the container.
- Play contines as each player takes their turn.
- If a player pulls out a Shamrock they can circle any letter that they still need. If a player pulls out a blank rock, the player must skip his next turn.
- The first player to circle all the letters to spell Irish is the winner.