When time comes around for kids to start losing baby teeth, this is a great little project for awaiting the Tooth Fairy. This is an easy craft project kids can help make.
- Small piece of Felt in desired color
- Small piece of White Felt for "Tooth" shape
- Fabric Glue
- Glitter Glue (optional)
- Needle & Thread (optional)
- Sticky back Velcro (just a tiny piece needed)
- Cut colored Felt strip 3" x 8.5 " long. You will be folding over the top 1 1/2 " as a flap, so you will need to round the edges to a soft, rounded point.
- Cut out pattern for Tooth and then trace onto white Felt and cut out.
- Fold colored strip of Felt over to make a Pocket, but leave the top 1 1/2 inch loose so it will be able to fold over. We used fabric glue to seal the sides of the "pocket" but you may also choose to do straight "hand stitches" with needle and thread. If gluing, make sure you use enough of the fabric glue and set something heavy on top of the edges so you get a proper bond.
- When dry, glue the tooth into place on the front of the Tooth Fairy pocket and fold down the flap and attach the velco so that the flap can be opened or closed using the velcro closure.
- For an extra "fairy" effect, apply some glitter glue to the tooth, using the tip of your finger. Let dry.
- Save for the Tooth Fairy visits!! ... Also a great little gift.