Easy costumes to make for kids from inexpensive pillowcases. No-sew costumes for Halloween.
NEW! Easy to make Skeleton costume from a pillowcase and felt. Such a cute kid's costume to make for pennies.
- black pillowcase
- 2 rectangles of white felt
- Craft glue
- Iron pillowcase to remove creases and wrinkles first.
- Fold pillowcase in half, lengthwise, and then cut a small opening, on folded side, for the neck . Unfold and then cut a slit down the back, only, about 5 inches long from the neck opening.
- Across from the neck opening, at each side seam, cut away a 1/4 inch slice for the arm holes.
- Dab a bit of white glue onto the cut edges to prevent fraying, if desired.
- Print "bones patterns" and cut out.
- Trace onto felt and then cut out and set in place on the pillowcase to form the skeleton. Using the craft glue, glue into position and let dry.
- Add some white face paint for both hands and face or a skeleton mask from the dollar store. We think it looks cute by itself also. Happy Trick or Treating!