Easy to make and fun to serve ... a Partridge in a Pear Tree salad for the Holidays. Kids can help with this fun food preparation.
- Green Pear
- Celery sticks
- Red Apple
- Carrot slice
- Coconut (optional)
- JuJubee Candies
- Cut a slice of pear from one side of the pear and then trim off lengthwise edges to form a tree trunk.
- Leave peel on.
- From a slice of the apple, with peel, cut a pot for the tree.
- Celery stick should be cut into thin strips, making an angled end cut so tree "branches" fit flush with the trunk.
- Use a carrot slice to make a small bird that will top the tree.
- Assemble each tree on a plate, using either carrot "ornaments" or little colored JuJubee candies.
- If using coconut, sprinkle along the bottom edge of the plate for "snow".