Little girls will love making this fun & inexpensive Princess Castle. An easy and rewarding preschool craft that kids can make and it can be used for long term play. Paint it pink, purple or multi-color. Recycle your household items to make this castle.
How to make a Pirate Castle
- 4 toilet paper rolls
- Lightweight cardboard
- Pink paint
- Glue or tape
- Princess stickers or glue-ons.
- Cut four pieces of cardboard, 31/2 in. x 51/2 in.
- 1/2 in. from both sides (sides are 31/2 in. high), cut a slit 21/4 in. long from bottom.
- Use one piece to cut an arched doorway, also from the bottom.
- For each tube, cut one slit 21/4 in. lengthwise, towards center. Then cut a second slit a quarter of the way around from first slit. (0 and 90 degree mark)
- Attach a tube to each side end by sliding the two pieces together where slit meet and push together.
- When attaching the final side, insert side into both tubes, simultaneously, and slowly push together.
- Cut a triangle or square flag, then cut a small slit halfway up the side of the flag and slide onto the straw "flagpole".
- Paint castle and flag. When dry, attach flagpole to inside of tower with glue or tape.
- When completely dry, attach Princess decorations. Stick-on jewels are a favorite.