A fun 4th of July craft from a recycled paper tube. How cute is this Uncle Sam? Use as a party favor and add a mini-cupcake paper plus candy. Or use for a patriotic napkin ring with your red, white and blue theme. Make the Stars & Stripes Mobile to hang in your picnic tree.
- Paper tube
- Paints & Brush
- For Party Favor - mini-cupcake papers
- Cut a paper tube 4.5 inces long, or use a t paper tube. Slice lengthwise, using scissors, leaving the last 1 inch uncut, so there is a complete band at the bottom.
- Where the cut meets the band, now cut width-wise around the band, from both sides,leaving about 1.5 inch section uncut in the very center.
- Draw a simple Uncle Sam head, as shown in photo, and then take simple, straight cuts to remove excess.
- Paint band and Uncle Sam and let dry. Finish with a simple nose and eyes, using a permanent marker. Practice on paper first.
- If making the Party Favor, just insert a mini-cupcake paper into the band of the Uncle Sam and fill with candies.