What could be more fun to eat for breakfast on St. Patrick's Day than "green" Shamrock pancakes? They are easy to make and certainly fun to serve, especially if you are Irish. Just follow your normal pancake recipe and the directions below.
- Pancake mix
- Vegetable oil
- Green food coloring
- Plastic squeeze bottles
- Make pancake mix according to directions on package.
- Prepare batter using directions for 2 cups pancake mix.
- Add 6-8 drops of green food coloring and mix well.
- Pour batter into a squeeze bottle.
- Heat griddle to medium heat.
- Using the squeeze bottle, draw the outline of a Shamrock with the batter, quickly filling in the center areas.
- Batter will spread so don't add too much.
- When bubbles appear and the edges are set, flip the Shamrock pancake and cook for an additional minute or two.for a pretty stack of pancakes, make varying sizes of Shamrocks.