Halloween is such a fun time of the year and we have another super easy Halloween decorating idea for you. Pull out your old glassware or wine glasses and spooky them up with this classy chalkboard paint. Really, all you need is some paint and chalk. Perfect for any get together but the black paint makes it perfect for Halloween parties.
What You Need:
- Chalkboard paint
- Gesso for primer
- Masking tape
What to Do:
- Wash and dry glassware. Make sure glass is completely dry before starting to paint.
- Using masking tape, mark off the area with tape, making sure to press snugly against glass. You can create a rectangle, as we did, or cut out a fancy shape, like a pumpkin or bat to really get into the Halloween theme.
- Paint a light coat of gesso, available at any craft or art store, to prime the area you will be painting. Gesso should be used anytime you will be painting glass, plastic or another shiny surface. It helps your paint to adhere and protect from the paint scratching off readily. Let dry.
- Paint a coat of the chalboard paint and let dry completely.
- Carefully remove the masking tape.
- When your guests arrive give them a piece of chalk so they can add their own name to their glasses. Or, if you prefer, add all guests names to glasses before they arrive.
Sharon Pierce McCullough