Here at ZiggityZoom we love to make things. We especially enjoy making things from recycled materials that can provide fun for kids. These super cute animals can be made from discarded cracter and cereal boxes. Kids might like the plain cardboard side, which they can decorate themselves with markers or the side with printing already present. I started to paint these little critters but I thought the coloring from the cracker box added some whimsy so we didn't paint ours.
All you really need is the cardboard and some pinch style clothespins. We found ours at a craft store but you might also find them in the grocery store. Make a whole herd of one type of animal or a zooful of different animals. Lots of fun to be had.
What You Need:
- Paint (optional)
What to Do:
- Draw body and head of animals on cardboard. Our bodies are about 4 inches long, to give you an idea of perspective. Include ears or cut out ears separately and then attach with glue stick.
- Animals do not have to look perfect, that's the charm.
- Cut out animals. If desired, paint them and let dry.
- Attach clothespins for legs.
- For even more fun, attach tails made out of string or yarn.
Sharon Pierce McCullough