A Snowman ornament that is as cute as it is easy to make. Make a bunch of these little snowmen to decorate an entire tree ... how cute would that be? These little glitter snowmen are perfect for the kids to make and give as teacher Christmas gifts. Teachers always say that they appreciate gifts the kids made themselves.
So, if you haven't been saving those bottle caps, now is the time to start saving for this cute winter recycling project. You can make snowmen with three caps or two caps which are just as cute. It makes a shorter, fatter-looking snowman using just the two caps. Of course, use one small and one medium size cap.
What You Need:
- White plastic bottle caps
- Small glue gun
- White glue or UHU glue
- Small brush
- Felt/foam scraps
- Wire or yarn
What to Do:
- Choose the bottle caps for each snowman and arrange in place.
- Glue together using the glue gun. Let dry. Small glue guns are available at most craft stores.
- Set the snowmen in a small, shallow box or pan, as this is where you will be glittering. Excess glitter can then be saved and poured into your glitter container.
- Spread a thin layer of glue onto all sides and tops of snowmen, using the brush. Wash the brush thoroughly with soap and water to remove glue.
- Sprinkle glitter onto all sides and fronts of the snowmen. Let dry completely.
- Using a hole punch if available, punch buttons for snowmen from felt or craft foam. Otherwise, cut out using scissors. Glue in place.
- Cut out two tiny eyes and nose and glue in position. You can also use small beads or sequins for eyes.
- Tie a ribbon around the neck of the snowman.
- Add a piece of wire or yarn, tied to the ribbon on the back side of the snowman. If needed, hot glue the ribbon or wire hanger.
Copyright 2014 Sharon Pierce McCullough for ZiggityZoom.