Nothing is more precious than a handmade gift. We think this little heart with a child's, or your own, thumbprint is a really special gift. It's made of a type of clay you can find at any craft store and the clay is called Sculpey. It's baked in the oven for just ten minutes to a really hard composition. Ours is painted a pretty aqua blue and then strung with a sheer organdy ribbon. A perfect gift to make for any Mom.
What You Need:
- Sculpey Clay
- Small cookie cutter or knife
- Paint and brush
What to Do:
- Take a small piece of clay and work with your hands and finger until it is pliable.
- Then press it flat, or roll out to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut heart, or other desired shape, using a cookie cutter or cut freehand with a small, sharp knife. Make a hole at the top, center for a cord or ribbon.
- Place heart on a glass baking dish and bake in a preheated oven at 275 degrees for just 10 minutes.
- Let cool, then paint the heart and let dry thoroughly.
- Cut a length of ribbon approximately 18 inches long. Poke end of ribbon through back of heart, over the hole, using a paper clip or other similar object. Pull ribbon so both peiece are equal in length.
- Loosely loop the two sections of ribbon close to the heart, then tie ends together.