- 1 pillowcase
- 3 yards Cording (or pair 45" shoestrings)
- Needle/ thread
- Decoration (markers, iron-on decal or adhesive cloth decoration)
- Wash and iron pillowcase, if needed.
- Lay pillowcase on a flat surface, open end at bottom. Fold the top corners down, forming triangles so that the tips of the triangles overlap just slightly. We measured 11inched from the top corner and folded the corner over at that angle. The top remaining edge of the apron should be approximately 6 inches wide.
- Using needle and thread, tack the overlapping edges of the triangle securely, making stitches that cover 1/2 inch. This will keep your edges from moving up and down.
- Fold the 3 yard length of cording in half and then place about 6 inches from the top of the apron. Carefully, insert cording under the folded sides of the triangle, keeping cording right against the fold. You should now have a loop at the top of the apron and two long tails for the ties.
- You need to make sure that the cording remains free of any stitching so that it will be adjustable and easily slip over the head before tying in the back.
- Make two small anchor "stitches" on either side of the cording, as shown in the diagram. Do not catch the cording with the stitches.
- Apron can be decorated with permanent Markers or iron-on decals. Available at sewing stores are also embroidery "patches" that can be sewn on or sometimes they have press-on adhesive.
- This is a great gift that anyone will love, especially Mom.