- thin sheets of foam, grey and pink
- Non-toxic craft glue
- Elastic string
* Option: Just print out elephant mask on heavyweight paper.
- Print pattern and instructions.
- Cut out main pattern for elephant head, with ears, and then trace this onto the grey foam sheet. (option here to additionally cut out darker grey foam for ears as an overlay on head/ears piece)
- Cut out the grey trunk and also the pink sections for insides of ears and trunk opening.
- Glue all pink sections in place and let dry.
- Glue trunk to face section after making sure the mask fits eye and nose area. Glue trunk to face section of mask by overlapping ends about 3/8 inches. Let dry thoroughly. If need be, secure with a stitch or two with needle & thread.
- Make a small hole on either side of the mask as shown on pattern. Then make another hole about 1/2 inches below this hole and thread the elastic string through and tie on back of mask.
- Now you can have a little elephant tromping through the house.