- 8 sheets Paper
- 8 Laminating sheets or 4 Laminating pockets
- 2 metal coat hangers
- Gluestick/ Glue
- Heavyweight Thread
- Needlenose Pliers
- Print two images of each Rainforest Animal. (You will need to go to your printer setting to make one reverse image of each animal.) One image is provided here and the other Rainforest Animals can be printed from the Kids Decor section, which features the Rainforest Animals individually.
- Cut out all animal pieces, leaving a 1/8 in. white border around all edges.
- Using the gluestick, glue both parts of each animal together.
- One at a time, carefully laminate one of the Rainforest Animals between two sheets of laminate. Use either 2 sheets of laminate or a laminating pocket for each animal.
- Using wirecutters, cut the long, straight side of the coat hanger from the rest of the hanger. With needlenose pliers, bend each end into a small loop. You can then lightly curve both pieces or you can choose to leave straight.
- Attach lengths of thread to animals and wire, as shown with printed directions. Adjust length of threads to balance mobile. Also adjust the position of top thread to balance evenly. (Think of a seesaw ... how you have to adjust weight back or forth to properly balance.)