- Draw a Turtle as shown. For young kids, only make the turtle body about 36" wide. Then draw the Head and 4 feet and also a tail. Feet and tail are safe areas.
- Draw a circle in the middle, which will be referred to as HOME. Now, make 10 spaces in the outside shell, with #1 starting next to the head.
- To Start, the first player stands on the Turtle Head. Player must hop, on one foot, landing in each space (from 1 to 10) and then can land on Home space with two feet. Player now hops back from 10 to 1 and onto the Turtle head to exit the game.
- If player hops all the way without stepping on a line, then that player get to claim a space and write their name in that space. No other player can land on that space for the rest of the game.
- Successive players can also use the Turtle legs and tail as safe spaces and stepping on those lines does not count.
- Players continue taking turns, skipping over the claimed spaces. Play continues until no one is able to reach Home.
- Whoever earns the most spaces is the Winner.