Easter plus Recycle equals these funny Bunny Easter Candy Containers. We made ours with discarded, plastic Creamer bottles but you can really substitute any plastic container with a large opening and a lid that can be opened.. These super cute Bunny Rabbit candy containers can hold your Easter M&Ms or jelly beans or other favorite Easter candies. They will make a perfect special Easter gift. Make these little Easter Bunnies and fill with mini candies for your friends and relatives. Super easy to make and the kids can even help.
And remember to save your discarded kitchen food containers all during the year. Then when a fun project hops up like this one, you will already have what you need. I keep most of my recyclable containers, after thoroughly washed and dried, of course, in a large plastic tucker tote.
You will Need:
- Creamer containers
- Gesso paint (helps paint stick to slippery surfaces)
- White paint / brush
- Sticky-back foam sheets, white and pastel colors
- Wiggly eyes (optional)
- Colored ribbon
What To Do:
- Remove printed casing from containers. Wash and dry containers thoroughly before painting.
- Paint all visible surfaces with a coat of gesso (this is available from craft stores and art suppy stores). Let dry.
- Repeat with second coat of gesso.
- Paint all surfaces with white paint. Let dry thoroughly.
- Cut 4 rabbit ears from white foam for each rabbit. Trim about 1/2 inch from the bottom of two of the ears. Remove backing and stick 2 ears together, using one full ear and one "trimmed" ear. Cut a thin "pink" ear to fit the top of your ear and press in place on white ear.
- Press the "sticky" end of the ear in place on the back of the container. Make sure lid can open with ear in place. Add second ear. To make ear attachment more secure, you can add a small amount of tacky white glue, or similar, to the area above the ear attachment.
- Cut out a nose and whiskers from foam and press into place, as shown. Glue wiggly eyes in place and let dry. Optionally, you can draw eyes with a marker.
- Finish by adding two coordinating pieces of ribbon around the rabbit's neck, leaving nice size streamers. Fill with candy!
For more Easter Crafts from ZiggityZoom
By Sharon Pierce McCullough