Kids will love making this Valentine's Day Love Bug. This fun poster activity will allow kids to create their very own Valentine’s Day “Love Bug” designed with a pocket so that they can safely store the Valentine cards they receive from their friends.
Red and black poster board
Pre-cut letters and shapes
Large red pom-poms (2)
Black and red pipe cleaners
What to do:
- Draw a large circle on black poster board by tracing a circular household item such as a large bowl.
- Cut out this circle and trace it onto red poster board. Cut out the red circle.
- Cut a smaller circle out of black poster board. Glue this circle to the larger black circle to create your bug’s body.
- Lay the red circle on top of the large black circle and attach the two pieces together on the sides ¾ of the way around, leaving an opening at the top. This will form a pocket.
- Draw a line down the center of your bug and go over it with a marker.
- Cut a triangle shape out of black poster board and glue it to the bottom of your bug.
- Glue pre-cut letters and shapes to your bug to make it unique. Then, accent them with glitter glue around the edges.
- Finally, add red pipe cleaners to your bug to make legs and black pipe cleaners with red pom-poms to make antennae.
For information on where to purchase the products needed for this activity and for even more great projects ideas, be sure to visit www.artskills.com.