Popsicle Art project
Kids Arts & Crafts >
A fun and easy Art Project for kids. A great craft activity for the classroom, at home or as a home school project.
- 2 Paper Towel tubes
- 6 popsicle sticks
- Masking tape
- Paper towel squares
- Brush & Paints
- 10" x 16" piece of White Foamboard, Mat board or Cardboard for Mounting
- Glue or rubber cement
What To Do:
- Press cardboard tubes flat and then cut 3 lengths 4 inches long. Bend each section in half and then unbend. This will give you sections that are slightly "puffed" on either side of the bend you made. This is what gives the sections a "popsicle" look.
- Trim the top edges of your popsicle sections with scissors to have a slight rounded corner at both sides.
- Using masking tape, tape two popsicle sticks to the inside, bottom section of each "popsicle". Leave about 2 inches of each popsicle stick showing.
- Tear a paper towel square in half and then fold up to fit inside of a popsicle. This will keep your popsicle shape.
- Tape the bottom center and top center to hold paper towel inside, but leave edges apart about 1/4 -1/2 inch.
- Paint popsicles fun sherbert colors of lime, lemmon, raspberry, orange, blueberry ... any fun combination. Let dry. Backs do not necessarily have to be painted.
- When dry, glue popsicles to a 10" x 16" piece of white foamboard or mat board to make your Popsicles into a piece of art.
More activities you might like: