Easy Felt Hearts & Flowers Mobile for Mom
Holiday Crafts > Mothers Day
A fun gift to make for Mom or just for making your room look pretty. It's a great Spring craft project that only requires felt, ribbon and a piece of foam. What better way to tell Mom you love her than with pretty Hearts & Flowers!
- Foam strip (1/4 " thick) or sturdy cardboard
- Colorful felt squares
- 1/4 inch ribbon
- x-acto knife
What To Do:
- Cut a foam or cardboard strip 2 " x 9 " wide. this can be left as a rectangle or cut into a fun shape as shown. Just be sure to leave room to insert ribbon streamers that are evenly spaced apart. If using carboard, you will want to pain it a fun color first.
- Cut 4 lengths of ribbon 17 inches long. Cut one lenght of ribbon about 12 inches long for the "hanger".
- Print and cut out pattern pieces. From felt, cut out 4 hearts, 4 flowers and 4 leaves.
- Set foam or cardboard Top strip on a firm surface and carefully make 4 lengthwise slits, evenly spaced, to accomodate the hanging ribbons. Make a slit at the center top of the strip for your ribbon hanger. (x-acto knife should only be used by adult)
- Insert one end of ribbon into back of strip, tying end into knot, but leving a little tail of ribbon, as shown.
- Now add Felt Hearts and flowers, one at a time. Alternate each row to start with a heart or flower.
- Fold Heart, or flower parts (together) in half and make 2 "small" parallel cuts with scissors ... slide onto ribbon. Felt pieces should stay where added on ribbon, but if necesary a small dab of white glue can be added.to hang.
More activities you might like: